1. Playing with my new Artist Print Pack Papers. I have found a color scheme that I can't stay away from and I am hooked. I am cutting them up and pasting them down. I am folding them and stitching them and using them every which way but loose. These colors are just what I needed to jumpstart my Spring.
2. Enjoying this view. There is nothing like it. Period. I know I complain about not having enough hours in a day, about not getting into the studio early enough, about folding laundry at midnight, but the truth is, I wouldn't trade ANY of that to lose this view. I walk into the room and see this and my heart swells to bursting. I forget for a moment that I am behind and busy and stressed. I only see this. Love and companionship and family. I only want this. In that moment it is enough. Nothing else matters.
3. Finally helping unpack the last few boxes. Our three grown daughters have moved in together and I couldn't be happier. I love that they are so close to home, but I love even more that they are together. They are the perfect support sytem for each other. It makes me smile to see them laughing and joking and helping one another. I am blessed to have such lovely young women for daughters and I can't wait to see how they blossom together.
4. Adding to the collection. When I get stressed out or nervous I like busy work. Carving stamps has been a great outlet and I am enjoying learning the ins and outs of the craft. It isn't as easy as some of those gals and guys make it look. Details are tough. I am sticking to something I love and working out the kinks. They aren't perfect and that's just how I like them.
5. Hanging with the peanut. This little one seems to be spending more and more time with me in the studio. She is enthralled by all there is to see and her head is on a constant swivel. She loves to feel the bristles on each paintbrush. She giggles when I crumble up a wad of paper. I love that she is loving the artsy side of our world. Now if I could just get her to hold a crayon without eating it.
6. Missing the company that filled these spaces the last few weeks. It is so quiet when everyone goes. I think it was compounded this time with two of the girls moving as well. It seems as if this house went from loud and busy and full to quiet and half empty over night. It makes me a little sad when I wander around this place and see all the empty spaces. I know we still have two at home and I also know in a few days things will be crazy again. They all come and go and make our life full and happy and noisy. I look forward to tomorrow. Today is too quiet.
7. Creating the Week 12 Challenge for The Documented Life Project. Where does the time go? The weeks are flying by and I find myself keeping a steady track of time according to these weekly prompts. It continues to make me happy to document my daily life in such a creative and colorful way. I hope you will take the time to read a little bit more about my team and I and the project here and then join us for some daily documenting yourself!
8. Getting published here. The Documented Life Project has been featured again and this time it is in this colorful and creative magazine available in the itunes and googleplay store. It was an honor to be part of such a fantastic publication and in celebration they are allowing us to give away some free issues. Check back on Thursday to get your free coupon code!
9. Working in my art journal. Even just a few minutes a day can keep me creative and inspired and most importantly - happy. I like art. I like making art. Devoting 15 minutes a day to my art journal has changed the way I create.
10. Enjoying seeing all of the new artwork my son is creating. He is surprising me at every turn. This flamingo was so lovely- so spontaneous. So something he wouldn't draw before. Glad to see he is also getting out of his comfort zone and trying some new things when it comes to art.