1. Making Christmas ornaments and mourning a favorite sweater. That dreaded terrible thing happened. I put one of my favorite vintage sweaters in the dryer. It was wool. Ahhhhh. I seriously cried for three days. I have owned that sweater for years and have taken special care with it's perfectly vintage lovliness. One word. Rushing. My life lately. Soooooo, I lost one awesome article of clothing and gained a handful of sweet ornaments. Nothing like sharing your favorite cardigan with ALL your pals.
2. Smiling every time I look at my new travel cup. Just look at that sweet striped straw and mason jar body. The awesome part is that is is really plastic, not glass AND has a double insulated center so it doesn't sweat. Great for someone like me who sweats enough for both me and my travel mug. TMI?
3. Not believing how close I am to finishing the series of LOST. I know. I am years behind the rest of the planet, but I am on board now and loving it. NOT loving that it is coming to an end. I am actually being a total wierdo about it and rationing out the last season and a half that I have left. I. DON'T. WANT. IT. TO. END. Anyone who really knows me, knows that is a really, really big deal. I don't watch TV. Really. At all. Hardly ever. So for me to be hooked is kinda crazy and wonderful all at the same time.
4. Staying true to my timer. This 15 MINUTES OF MIXED MEDIA rocks! I am cooking through my journal like there is no tomorrow AND I like what I am creating. Go figure. I always have been a deadline kinda girl.
5. Wishing I could wave my magic wand and have all the kids here, dressed and ready, smiles on, eyes open and cheerful for the annual Christmas photo. I can't even find ONE day in the next three weeks that everyone can BE here. What the hek people- mama has to have her Christmas photo. So what you moved out three years ago. This weekend for sure. Because I said so.
6. Thinking that if all the signs in Wal-Mart were true I would have a hek of alot more surprises in my life. So far, all I can find under that thing is a long line.
7. Crocheting again. It is the perfect thing to do when all you want to do it count. Oh, and it is a awesome way to pass time in the car too if you are big scardey cat like me and don't like to watch the road. Yes, great for that! I have been checking out some easy patterns online and experimenting.
8. Sewing up some new pillows. Happy to see the stack piling up. They are so bright and fun and feel so good. The combination of hand drawings, painting and silky flowers is working just fine for me!
9. Taking lost of pictures. December is kinda busy in the school department. Lots of concerts and awards ceremonies and other fun, annual sorta stuff. I must have hundreds of photos that are just alike, only my children look another year older, but how could we live without them? How could I NOT take one more concert photo? One more photo of a child, big or small, with a certificate of achievement. They work hard to reach their goals and I feel more than obligated to document their milestones for them. Not having something tangible to hold onto and help you recall years from now- well that would just be plain sad. Even if it was just one more concert in a school cafeteria.
10. Decorating for the Season. I love Christmas. Twinkling lights and the smell of pine. These things make our home beautiful. Knowing and staying focused on the REAL meaning of the Season makes us feel blessed.