1. Volunteering at my daughter's Violin Solo Ensemble. My husband and I worked this two day event that played host to over 600 students. It was an amazing display of talent and community. I enjoyed getting to know so many different young musicians from the tri-county area, each one as friendly and polite as the next.
2. Feeling proud. I was fortunate enough to be invited in to listen to my daughters solo performance at the above mentioned event. Her score was a Concerto in A Minor. It was a long and complicated piece and one that she has only been practicing for about a month now. She amazed me and floored the judge. I was prepared for the usual jitters, the occasional flawed note, the skip in the beat of her steady rhythm. It didn't come. She took us all by surprise, and pulled out all the stops, playing a perfect score and earning herself the highest Superior rating and medal.
3. Feeling obsessed over this planner project. It made me happy to just walk into the studio this morning and see it sitting next to my work area.
4. Filming some short tutorials for the blog. Be looking for a few fun things to come in the near future!
5. Loving this beautiful bright new roving a sweet sweet girl sent to me! What a wonderful surprise along with the most fantastic pair of hand knitted fingerless gloves! I am so blessed to have such wonderful pals all over the world! Thank you sweet Linda!
6. Thinking about Valentine' Day and how I am so lucky in love! Cards from cupid are my favorite to make and I always enjoy coming up with new ideas for the kids each year. I will be working on some this week!
7. Crocheting again. I go in spurts. Mostly because I am so dang busy that I have no business picking up a book or a crochet needle or anything else that takes time away from the fifty other things I should be doing... But I LOVE these things, and so I do them anyway. This means I stay up way too late, way too many nights a week. Oh well. Soon enough I will have another pretty yarn project to show for it!
8. Realizing my heart physically hurts when one of my children is feeling sad. Life is so dang hard. The lessons she throws our way, even harder. I wish I could soften the blow for my children. I would gladly deflect some of the hurt. I have been there. Love is not easy. It's like riding a bike. It's great fun, and a breeze until, for one second, you take your eyes off the road. I have three grown daughters. Three times I have tried to give the best possible advice I could offer on love. But I can not steer the bike for them. They have to do that. All I can do is help pick them up off the ground, brush them off and hold them tight, all the while my heart hurting deeply. Next time, maybe they will remember to wear a helmet.
9. Loving my newest thrifty find- an old cassette tape holder. It's a great organizational tool for all of the smaller papers, envelopes and ephemera I use on a daily basis when I collage. I haven't decided if I am going to paint it or not. For now I am leaving it natural, like my pine countertops. It's so cool!
10. Working on something new. I am experimenting with some new colors too! More peeks coming soon!