1. Sneak Peek. This is what is on the worktable. Something cool coming soon!
2. My love of feathers is no secret, so it is always a happy surprise when I find them in unexpected places. This one was at the beach today! So wispy and white. I love it!
3. I was so thrilled to meet a fellow Documented Life member, and talented artist, Andrew Borloz, this past week. He was kind enough to take time out of his travels to the South to meet with Art to the 5th! We shared a lovely meal, some good laughs, and of course our chunky planners. Andrew's took the cake! His is HUGE and wonderful and complicated and amazing. He is surely artistic! Can't wait to see what he has in store for the next challenge!
4. Writing out snail mail. I love snail mail. I had so many pen pals growing up and writing a note or a letter to a friend or loved one is something I still take the time to do on a regular basis. There is something oddly special about receiving a penned note from someone. This week it was pretty cards made from art journal papers that went to some special people out there! You know who you are and I love you!
5. Learning that time is precious. Time for work and deadlines is so important and most often necessary but it isn't what makes the heart or soul tick. Time for loving and caring and helping and supporting - that is the time that counts. I fall behind on the other stuff- that other stuff that is also important, but playing catch up at all hours of the night and answering emails during what used to be my "wind down and watch a show or read time" is a sacrifice I am learning to live with. I complain sometimes, yes, but just make myself feel better for having so much on my plate. Too much most days. Having the time to do what REALLY counts in my heart and in my LIFE is ultimately all that matters to me anymore. I panic over the deadlines. I grumble over the piling up of chores. I sweat out all the last minute stuff, but I have made a conscious decision to live by what matters to ME. I have to be happy with my choices. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if a friend thinks I made a good choice, it only matters that I chose for myself. I have survived the worst of family tragedies. Something no person should endure and I know that FAMILY and the time spent with them matter the most. Everything else will wait. And if I miss a deadline, fire me. My family will still be here to love and to love me back.
6. Spending a day at the beach with the kids. Our favorite. Heavenly. Doing things as a family is important for us. Doing things that we ALL love is even better. It is the ultimate best day!
7. Waiting for April 1st. This is hitting the stands! Haute Handbags is such an awesome publication and this issue is packed full of yummy goodness! Can't wait for you to see it!
8. Playing with inks and string. I am always looking for something new to dye. I love how the end result is usually an unexpected surprise. This week I played with Dylusions Inks and a ball of cotton butcher's twine! The colors weren't quite as vibrant as I had hoped, but I still love it! I am going to try to crochet some small flowers with this!
9. Creating some happy mail! This is not much different from snail mail, but I like to send lots of fun stuff in these packages, instead of just a pretty note! I have been the very honored recipient of tons of happy mail lately, from members of the Documented Life Project, and I am so grateful for all the time and creativity that goes into each piece. It would take forever to list everyone here, but please know that I LOVE IT ALL! Thank you for each beautiful happy piece!
10. Loving that this week will be Spring Break for the kiddos! I am always the first one to admit that I wish it was summer all year long. Not for the weather or the vacations but because I really and truly love having my kids at home with me. I miss them when summer is over and they head back to their schools. I enjoy all the time we spend together and the things we do together, so I feel this big void when they aren't here. I am anxious to play some games, watch some movies, take some walks, head back to the beach - Yay for Spring Break!